– Raw kernels of 2 ears of corn, shaved right from cob
– 2 avocados, sliced and cut into 1” pieces
– 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
– 3 Tbs. red onion, finely chopped
– 1 Tbs. lemon juice
– 1 Tbs. olive oil
– 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
– 1 Tbs. brown rice vinegar
Pre-prep: Be sure to soak the quinoa overnight in water and rinse well before using.
1. In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to the side in a bowl.
2. Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender, or simply add them to a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
3. Shave the kernels of raw corn right off the cob with a large knife, and add to the quinoa along with the avocadoes and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Pour the dressing on top of the mixture and mix well again. Enjoy this yummy dish with relish!
Head on over to the Kimberly Snyder website for more delicious recipes 🙂 http://www.kimberlysnyder.net