What’s that one thing that scares you the most? The one thing that makes you cringe in fear when you think of it? That fear that keeps you up at night. The fear that makes you want to hide away from the world. What is it. How do you deal with that type of fear? What are ways you try to overcome that fear?
As humans, we’re sometimes afraid to admit what scares us the most. We don’t want to talk about it because it makes us feel weak. For me, it’s sometimes embarrassing to admit that I’m struggling with certain fears. For example: I’m scheduled to graduate in December but my biggest fear is that something will happen that might delay it. I’m trying my hardest to not freak out or even overwhelm myself because I know that I can be my own worst enemy.
Fear is a crippling little f**ker. It can seriously hold you back from reaching your full potential. It can mess with your self esteem & confidence. My goal for my 26th year is to let go of my fears one by one. I want to live and exude confidence. Today, I challenge you to be honest, be vulnerable & list your fears. List the things in your life that scare you the most. Forget the judgements of others and just start writing. I’m listing my fears below and I want to see yours in the comments.
My biggest fears are:
- Dying alone
- Living a life that I’ll regret
- Not being adventurous
- Not graduating in December
- Wasting my time getting a degree in my career that might be irrelevant in the next few years.
- Being unmotivated & Inspired (this scares me the most)
- Letting the people I love down
- Not being accepted & feeling like an outcast
- Financial struggle ( I’m going through this right now and it’s no joke. I constantly live with the fear of missing a car payment or not having enough money to pay rent)
- I’ll never make it to California. My dream is to live on the West Coast. I struggle daily with building up the courage to actually go.