Today was such a long, tiring but good day. I felt like I accomplished so much today and still found time to pamper myself with some good ole me time. This morning I woke up so early because lets face it New England summers are sometimes unbearable which makes sleeping in really hard and sometimes going to sleep even harder, especially when you didn’t even take a daytime nap. Since I am moving to a new house on Saturday, I have been back and forth from my current residence to my soon to be new home (it’s the cutest little space with a lot of space lol). I still can’t believe that I will be living there with my family (my mom, sister and brother), I am so excited for this new journey in our lives 🙂 🙂 Anyway, so today I woke up and washed my hair and finally tamed my mane with some leave in conditioner and wore my hair in a high bun (mission accomplished yeaaa boyyy). My hair actually stayed put for the entire day 12hrs+ and then when I finally washed it out tonight, it was the perfect texture, curly and overall really easy to comb. Overall, that made me so happy. The highlight of my day was getting my nails done finally. I normally just do it myself every two day,s but recently I’ve wanted to get a gel mani and I finally splurged and got a mani this morning with my sister. I got my signature color purple with a little hint of glitter on my nails and they are perfect and are going to last for about 2-3wks so I won’t have to get it done for a while 🙂 After accomplishing my “me” time before twelve I resumed my moving routine and now I am all finished for the day and just chilling playing Words with Friends and snapping pictures of my nails for you guys to check out. I hope you guys had an amazing day and you can see my new gel mani below and also check out my song choice of the day below. Goodnight xoxo Besitos ♥
So last month was a crazy month but also a very good month. I got my license, went on a series of job interviews, made career decisions and also tried out some new products. I decided to share with you guys some of my favorite things about the month of April.
Some of my favorite products during April were:
- Maybelline BB Cream: I got this product around the ending of March and I absolutely love it. I don’t even use my Benefit Foundation anymore really because for me this does everything that my foundation does. I am not a beauty guru or an expert on applying makeup so this is not my expert opinion. I just love how easy this is to apply and also how my face doesn’t feel like it has a bunch of products on it. I can put this on and feel as if my face is makeup free which I love. I love having on makeup but I also love having that natural makeup look which this BB cream does for me. If you are someone who is currently on the go daily whether if it’s for school, work or with kids this is totally a product you should incorporate into your easy daily makeup regimen. I bought mines at target for about $5 with my Redcard that gave me 5% off it’s originally 6.44$ but I’m sure you can find coupons online or find somewhere else to get it a little cheaper.
- Real Techniques Stippling Brush: I decided to get this product after watching one of Dulce Candy’s videos “Easy Spring Fresh Face Look” . I wanted to get the same exact brush she had but unfortunately it was way out of my price range so I went to Ulta and found the same exact type of brush for 9.99$. This brush is amazing, before I use to use my fingers to apply my foundation but with this brush it made applying my makeup 100x easier. I tried using a regular foundation brush but i just didn’t like how it looked and I would still have to use my fingers in some places so when I got this brush it did what it was suppose to do and more. The application of my foundation and BB Cream was easier and also it would blend my makeup perfectly. I totally recommend a Stippling Brush if you are a newbie to applying makeup like I me this would make the process so much more easier.
- Neutrogena Naturals: I was in need of some new facial cleansing and moisturizing products and found these gems on sale at Target last month and I can say that I was very satisfied with these purchases. I first got the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser and the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer to just try it out and see how it reacted to my face. All I can simply say is WOAH!! this product was amazing, my face felt so clean and light weight after I cleaned it. I then applied the moisturizer that was very thick in texture and very moisturizing and my face still had that same clean and lightweight feeling. I was so convinced and ran out to get the Neutrogena Naturals Nourishing Night Cream which was $12 but so worth it. This product really helped with my dry skin problem on my face. I think I will be buying this product again for sure.
- Irish Spring Moisture Blast with Hydrobeads: I actually accidentally started using this soap when I ran out my own. This soap couldn’t have come into my life at a better time because I was actually fed up with using my Dial soap. This soap has absolutely the best smell ever and its scent is also long lasting and my skin feels moisturized forever. I love it mostly because when I sweat during the day instead of a sweaty odor the soap fragrance is what I smell. This soap is simply perfect. I love it.
- Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea: This tea gives me life. I swear every night I brew a cup of tea squeeze throw in some ice and pour it into my glass mug, sit back and sip on my tea while I browse the internet or watch television. This tea is perfect. It’s one of my all time favorites.
Some of my other Favorite things in April were:
- My CT Drivers License: I finally passed my test after failing it twice. Sigh such a low point in my life lol failing my drivers license test but on April 3rd I went to the DMV with so much confidence and passed my test. Finally got my license to drive now I am car hunting right now.
- Selena Gomez’s new single “Come and Get It”: I just love love love this song. I swear I can listen to Selena’s music all day long, its just so fun and makes you forget about your bad day. Definitely check out this song if you get a chance.
- Blue Blazer: I finally got a Navy Blue Blazer found it at my job for $13 such a deal. I was like screaming when someone returned both of them because it was finally my chance to grab it up and buy it. I wear this everywhere now well not really I just love wearing it as a jacket. It so cute and the sleeves the roll up perfectly. It’s such a trendy little jacket. I definitely need to take pictures the next time I am wearing it.
So here are some of my favorite things about the month of April. I wanted to add so much more but I didn’t want to overwhelm myself and also the blog post. What are some of your favorite things that happened in your life during the month of April?
[spotify id=”spotify:track:7Gkphzdh5ouurEt7JT49Yu” width=”300″ height=”380″ /]
“We do not want merely to see beauty… we want something else which can hardly be put into words- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.”- C.S. Lewis