Ever since I was a child I’ve always loved taking care of the younger ones in my family. I was always so drawn to my family members or family friends who just had a baby. I just loved the being able to help them and play with the baby. Throughout the years I’ve worked as a nursery teacher, babysitter for several friends and family member and a nanny. My first job as a nanny was a dream. I was a nanny for two preteens and this job was perfect. I absolutely loved being to give a part of myself to selflessly help this family. View Post
Since, I’ve become a nanny my life has changed so much. I literally have a new-found respect for my parents and all parents out there. It has made me reconsider a lot of things like my stance on becoming a parent, which I will discuss in a later post. I love being a nanny and honestly I never knew this job could be so rewarding. However, the job can definitely have it’s downsides when you’re a full-time live in nanny and you’re studying in college and your options of applying to internships can be very limiting. Since becoming a nanny I’ve learned so many things. For the past two years my life has been very interesting. For today’s post I wanted to share with you guys 10 things I’ve learned since becoming a nanny.
- Always stick to your rules don’t bend them
- A new understanding of what I put my parents through at that age
- Everyone lives differently and has different values.
- Never make promises you can’t keep
- Kids always remember everything
- I have learned not to get overwhelmed when dealing with difficult children and rudeness.
- Make sure that you inform the parents about every little situation no matter how dumb it might seem to you.
- Be Honest
- I have learned how to love other people’s children.